Spring has finally sprung! Although you wouldn’t think it looking outside. It’s the time of year when our minds turn to spring cleaning and everyone likes a good spring clean.
We recommend that our body stores are cleaned on a regular basis. We get asked quite a few times, “What is the best way to clean my cold room?” So we’ve put together a few tips.
- We advise that you switch off your freezer cold room during cleaning and bring the temperature up
- Clean it with warm water and washing up liquid
- If you have any stubborn scuff marks you may need to use a non-abrasive liquid cleaner (without bleach). Another good cleaner would be white spirit but it will leave an odour for a while, so wash after with clean warm water and dry
- Always use a soft type cleaning cloth so as to avoid scratching
- Wipe areas after cleaning with a clean, soft cloth or kitchen towel, and leave dry, especially in freezers
- DO NOT throw buckets of water into the cold rooms as the excess water will seep through the floor panel joints making it difficult to dry, and in the freezer, this would freeze and damage the floor
The floor galvanised steel plate would only require cleaning as above. You can use a mop but squeeze out as much water as possible and wipe dry when you’ve finished. A wet or frozen floor can be dangerous. The door handle can be wiped clean with a damp cloth or grease free furniture polish
The door leaf surrounds are anodised and can be wiped clean with a multi purpose grease free polish or just a damp, soft cloth
Till next time, when we’ll be looking at care of door and floor finishes.
Enjoy your spring clean!